back row from left to right: *Preston Cornelius, Jack Maines, Hayden Juroska, Nico Morin, *Matt Wood
3rd row from the bottom: Kylee Hoskins, *Mikey Strobel, Aiden Long, Anthony Hearst, Joe Hill, *Amrit Rathie
2nd row from the bottom: *Emily Koch, *Minna Chow, *Alyssa Nelson, Ashley Dove, Sydney Truong, Diya Dellacase, *Kristen Edwards
1st row: Emilee Ewing, *Ben Wodrich, Katy Irick, *Lisa Barrington, Madeline Lane, *Megan Ja, *Kara Kalmbach, *Abby Isley
*Denotes Area Qualifiers
Panda Express fundraiser this tuesday, december 4th from 4-9pm! must present copy of flyer below or digital copy must be shown when ordering.
Congratulations to the following members of the Grapevine High School Band! These students auditioned against 5A and 6A musicians in our Region for a seat in the Region 31 All Region 5A Symphonic Band and 9th Grade Band (combined 5A/6A). If they were the very top of their room, they were placed in Wind Ensemble and Symphony Orchestra. These two groups are combined 5A and 6A. Students’ grade in school and chairs are listed below. Notable chair placements are also listed. These students placed very high amongst many competitors - 11 Piccolos, 54 Flutes, 72 Clarinets, 17 Bass Clarinets, 60 Trumpets, 43 French Horns, and 38 Trombones. All in all, over 1,000 students throughout the region competed this week. Many of these students had to compete earlier in the week as well. The auditions on Sat., Dec. 1st, were the second round of auditions. 5A students may choose to go 6A track, meaning they choose to compete against 6A students in our Region, at Area, and State. If they are successful at the Region level, they are placed in a 6A band (which includes Wind Ensemble, Orchestra, 6A Symphonic or 6A Concert). The Area competition is the next audition for those who qualified (listed below). The Texas Music Educators Association All State Band is chosen from those Area auditions in January.
Best of Luck and Congratulations to All!
(10) Ben Wodrich - Piccolo 2nd chair 5A Symphonic Band 5A Area
(11) Kristen Edwards – Flute 1st chair Wind Ensemble / Orchestra 5A Area
(12) Emilee Ewing - Flute 5A Symphonic Band
(9) Diya Dellacase - Flute 5A Symphonic Band
(10) Minna Chow – Oboe 5A Symphonic Band 5A Area
(9) Katy Irick – Oboe - 1st chair 9th Grade Band
(10) Amrit Rathie – English Horn 5A Symphonic Band 5A Area
(11) Megan Ja – Clarinet 11th chair Wind Ensemble 5A Area
(9) Abby Isley – Clarinet 19th chair 5A Symphonic Band 5A Area
(11) Ashley Dove – Clarinet 5A Symphonic Band
(10) Sydney Truong – Clarinet 5A Symphonic Band
(12) Kara Kalmbach – Bass Clarinet 5th chair 5A Symphonic Band 5A Area
(12) Alyssa Nelson – Bass Clarinet 6th chair 5A Symphonic Band 5A Area
(11) Joe Hill – Bass Clarinet 5A Symphonic Band
(9) Lisa Barrington – Bassoon 5A Symphonic Band 5A Area
(12( Madeline Lane – Bassoon 5A Symphonic Band
(12) Jack Maines – Bari Sax 5A Symphonic Band
(11) Mikey Strobel – Trumpet 2nd chair Wind Ensemble / Orchestra . 5A Area
(10) Kylee Hoskins – Trumpet 5A Symphonic Band
(11) Anthony Hearst – Trumpet 5A Symphonic Band
(12) Aiden Long – Trumpet 5A Symphonic Band
(11) Emily Koch – French Horn 14th chair 5A Symphonic Band 5A Area
(12) Matt Wood – Trombone 2nd chair Wind Ensemble / Orchestra 6A Area
(11) Preston Cornelius – Trombone 3rd chair Wind Ensemble / Orchestra 6A Area
(12) Hayden Juroska – Euphonium 6A Symphonic Band (12) Nico Morin – Tuba 5A Symphonic Band
Please see the Itineraries tab above for the schedule of the day.
Those auditioning for Freshman Region Band and anyone who advanced to Phase 2 or those who play Piccolo, English Horn, Tenor and Bari Sax - you will not attend the game. Good Luck on all Auditions!